Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 49: Drama

Two things to report:

1. My car was recently involved in a storm-related accident. A tree branch stabbed through the windshield of my parked car during a storm and damaged the dashboard and the instruments inside. The damage was enough to total the car so now I am car-less. Well, I've been car-less since I flew to Colorado but when I get home I will truly be car-less. The insurance will cover the value of the car and they're giving me more than I expected so that's a nice surprise. I plan on buying a new car when I get back and I'm trying to decide between four different cars: the Hyundai Elantra (which has gotten excellent reviews), Nissan Versa hatchback, Toyota Matrix (which I could get in 4-wheel drive and has excellent storage area), and Kia Forte 5-Door. If anyone has an opinion, feel free to shoot it my way. There probably won't be any progress on this front until I get home so don't expect a resolution on this blog.

2. One of the wranglers was fired this morning and left just about an hour ago. He has been doing multiple things over the past two months but the last straw was him loudly banging on the metal railings to get the horses in from the fields. It was really, really loud and woke up people who were trying to sleep (on their days off). Though it might sound rash to fire someone over just that, this was just one problem on top of many others. I'm not so sorry to see him go--he's been rude to me numerous times.

Anyway, that's the dish for today.

Upcoming events:
Tomorrow: Wrangler day
July 1: The start of 5:00 Steak rides, meaning we work an hour later than normal...
July 4: My day off! And fireworks!
July 14: Rooftop Rodeo (we get off work early!)
July 25: Lauren comes back to visit!
August 10: To be determined...

2 comments:

  1. I miss you. I like the Nissan Versa. If you want to work my hours I can give you rides to Powertrain if you wantttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

    <3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete