Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 25: Third Day Off

Today was my day off!

I started out by sleeping in until 7 again. Woo! Then I put in laundry and watched this week's episode of Game of Thrones. I took a shower after the laundry was done and got dressed to go on a ride.

I asked Kristyn for a horse so I could take a ride by myself and she gave me Baby, a little paint horse. He's a good boy but none of the horses like going out by themselves (since they're not used to it) so he yelled (neighed) the entire time. We eventually met up with a 2-hour ride Malori was taking out and tagged along so Baby would be happier. It was nice being out there on a ride while not having to pay attention. I got to look around and really enjoy the views and the woods. It is so pretty. The weather was perfect--a little hot but with a nice cool breeze to cool it off. There were a lot of points where I wanted to get off the horse and just sit and relax but I knew Baby wouldn't be happy with that. Maybe I'll take a hike on another day off.

After my ride I had lunch at the barn and then borrowed Lauren's car to drive down to Loveland. The idea was to go shopping for a few things and deposit my paychecks (both from Sombrero and PowerTrain). The drive down (and up) was just gorgeous. It's said to be one of the top 10 most beautiful drives in the country and I'd have to agree. The mountains loom above you, the river flows beside you and it's just terrain that is nothing like what we have back in Maryland. If I made a drive like that everyday to work, I'd be a happy girl.

Unfortunately, it turned out that all the Bank of America ATMs in Loveland are withdraw-only so I didn't get to deposit anything... Not sure what I'm going to do about it--I might mail my checks to Mom and have her deposit them with a slip. We'll see. Anyway, I was still more than able to do the shopping part of my Loveland mission. I went to Jax, an outdoor and ranch supply store, and bought a shirt, two sweaters and a litterbox for Avery (he's been using the bottom half of a cardboard box lined with trash bags...). The clothes were all 50% off and the litterbox was reasonable so it was a good day!

Then I drove back up to Estes and hung out watching TV and napping until everyone was done breaking down. We went to Smokin' Daves for dinner and I had a great salad (even though they forgot to put bacon on it) and it was all-in-all a great day! Lots of things packed in and next week I might be a little lazier.

No comments:

Post a Comment