Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 39: Fifth Day Off

I was pretty productive today! Well, if you call spending money productive...

I started off by sleeping in pretty late. It was nice for a change. Then I got up and did laundry (of course), watched my show (as usual), and had lunch. I also found some cowboy boots online that I liked and bought them. Lauren has similar ones and I used hers to figure out what size I needed. Plus, there's a free exchange for a different size if I need it. They should be here in a week. Picture below!


After lunch I headed into town to pick up my hat which, luckily, had been delivered only a few minutes before I arrived. I picked out a hat band (which goes around the crown) and a stampede strap (which keeps the hat on when it's windy) and window shopped around town until the hat was finished. My hat looks pretty similar to the one below but my hat band is a nice red-brown. The hat is made of palm which is pretty sturdy and glazed to make it stronger. I'm pretty excited to wear it!


After getting my hat, I stopped into the local book store and bought a book called Lonesome Dove which is a cowboy story that has also been made into a movie. The boys here really like the movie so I thought I'd give the book a try. I'm in desperate need of something to do in the office when it's not busy so I think a cowboy book might do the trick.

Then I headed to Safeway to pick up groceries for dinners throughout the week and also got a Swiffer WetJet so I can spot-clean the office. We have a big, old-fashioned mop but it does a really awful job and I usually only need to clean specific high-traffic places so I think the Swiffer will work out better.

All-in-all it was a good, productive and expensive day. But what else am I making money for, right? Kidding, of course.

Bonus: Today was payday!

Double bonus: We're going to Smokin' Daves tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment