Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 33: Italians and Longhorns

Today I rode again and have a few interesting things to share:

I had a group of Italians for one of my rides and realized just how little Italian I actually learned/remember from my semester last Spring. I struggled to be able to say more than "You're doing well!" and "Good!" and "You're welcome!" I felt a little silly. But, I did realize just how much French I remember from my 5.5 years of study! I almost asked them if they knew any French so we could talk in French instead but I thought that'd be a little silly. Anyway, that was interesting. I hope I get some French guests.

We also got a small herd of longhorn cattle in. Apparently every year they put a herd on our land to graze and keep the grass in check (so the horses can resist it easier) and provide some "wildlife" sightings in addition to the real wildlife sightings we have. I saw them on one of my rides and they are so cool! They have gigantic horns and are spotted and there's even a little baby (with horns). I look forward to spotting them on my rides in the future.

In other news, more girls have shown up so here are some more introductions:
Michelle: different than the first Michele; wrangler; from California; redhead
Julie: French; from a town southwest of Bordeaux; wrangler; speaks English pretty well
Becky: wrangler; from New Hampshire

I'm riding again tomorrow but Kelli has a doctor's appointment and if the doctor says she's good to ride, I'll probably be going back in the office. I had a nice time riding so much but I knew I'd be going back to the office one day so it's not that bad. Plus, Kelli doesn't do a very good job in the office. Which is fine--it's not a job for everyone. I'll update when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment