Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 32: Fourth Day Off

On my fourth day off, I slept in until 7:30 and then started my day off with laundry, of course. I had a lot of laundry to do and used the morning for that. I hung around on the computer a little bit watching shows and talking to people and then headed to the kitchen for lunch.

After lunch, I borrowed Lauren's car and drove downtown. My first stop was the Colorado Hat Company since my dinky straw hat had been mostly destroyed yesterday and I was in the market for a new one. I settled on a short-crowned palm hat which is similar to a straw hat but sturdier. Even the straw hats at this place were better than mine, though--the straw is glazed to be stronger and tear less easily. So I put in an order for my new hat and it should be here by next Monday!

After finding my hat, I had an ice cream mission. For those of you who know me well, you know how much I love ice cream (it's my favorite thing in the world). So I had to make a mission out of it. Estes Park has MULTIPLE ice cream shops all claiming to be handmade or old fashioned. I was unimpressed by most of them but settled on one shop that had a delicious wedding cake flavor which was awesome. I sat outside and ate it while watching tourists walk by.

Then I did a little window shopping and ended up buying a blown glass snowflake Christmas ornament for my future Christmas tree (when I have one of my own). I like to buy ornaments from the places I visit so I can remember them. I think this comes from Granan who always brought us grand-kids back an ornament from her travels and stuck it in our stocking.

I walked around town for a little longer and then got in the car to head to Safeway for some groceries. I bought some Mac and Cheese, some spaghetti sauce (we already have pasta), contact solution and some Q-tips. My shopping all finished, I headed back to the ranch and napped for a while and then watched some TV until people finished work.

After work, Shelby, Jeff and I went to Smokin' Daves (our usual spot) for dinner (we usually go on Monday nights, though I don't know why). Lauren would have come with us but she had friends visiting so they did their own thing.

It was another awesome day off! Monday is now the best day of the week. More riding tomorrow so yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment