Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 23: Wrangler Ride

Today, after we broke down the horses, all the wranglers (except Matt) went for a ride. Apparently this is something we occasionally do in the summer. We leave all our horses out and then break down all the others and then go for a ride after work.

Tonight I rode Otis who I've ridden before. He was really good and I'm glad I got to ride him. What I didn't know is that it's essentially a free-for-all gallop up and down our rocky trails. It was a BLAST but I was not expecting to be galloping around those trails. We did it, though, and it was so fun. I really hope we do it again.

One of the new girls, Kim, ended up losing her sweatshirt while we were running so I offered to turn around and help her look for it. The horses really, really don't like going off on their own so I knew she'd need someone to go with her. While we were looking, it was really nice to be out on the trails in the beautiful dusk silence in those mountains. I'm so lucky to be somewhere so beautiful and I'm glad we all got to go out and experience it. When we're giving rides, it's really hard to be able to focus on the scenery since the guests require so much attention. This way we got to get our ya-ya's out by running (ANYTHING but a walk, please!) and got to really see our beautiful trails.

It was a great ride and I hope to encourage them as much as possible.

Final introductions:
Kelli: from Ft. Collins, Colorado; wrangler
Clare: from Columbus, Ohio; wrangler

No comments:

Post a Comment