Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 19: Second Wrangler Day

Like I said yesterday, today was my second wrangler day because Kristyn is taking an 8-hour ride on Thursday and she usually covers for me when I have my wrangler day. So I had it today instead.

The day started out windy and cold like yesterday but got warmer and sunny and really nice. I forgot to put sunscreen on this morning like I did last week on my wrangler day so I ended up getting sunburned a bit on my face, arms and neck. I put lotion on and will try to remember next time.

I had four different rides today: a breakfast ride and three 1-hours. They all went pretty well. Nothing to really note except that the breakfast ride was nice to do. One of the new girls tagged along and it was nice to go on a longer ride and the meal rides always get good tips.

I rode Riggin today, a chestnut mustang mare. She was pretty good. A little spooky, meaning she jumped and got scared at some things (like deer, elk, or invisible things). She was mostly good, though, so I can't complain. Riding a mustang was cool, though, if only to be able to say I've done it.

Nothing much more to note--just hanging out on the porch after work. I've been hanging out with Lauren, Shelby and Jeff the most. Jeff has been here for 2 years but Lauren, Shelby and I kind of all got here at the same time so we bonded. The new girls are also bonding with each other, especially since they all live upstairs together. I have kind of steered away from them because they seem kind of young and college-y. But who knows.

Anyway, more introductions:
Veronica: wrangler; roommate; from California
Kim: wrangler; Asian; no idea where she's from (haven't gotten to ask)

Two new girls showed up today as well and I don't know their names yet or where they're from so I'll introduce them later.

We're gonna have a lot of people in the barn tomorrow morning since all these girls start tomorrow. I might stay in the office and give them their space. I've been helping out during barn call and break down because I want to work with the horses and my help was needed. Don't really know if it is anymore, though. We'll see how it goes.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment