Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 14: First Wrangler Day

So we've decided that Thursday will be my wrangler days. This means that every Thursday, I get to be a wrangler instead of work in the office.

Today I got to ride on three rides and had a great time! My horse today was Henry and he was really good. My first ride was just me and a couple. We went on a 2-hour ride and I actually got the whole route correct and we got back right on time.

The second ride I went on I wasn't actually working as a wrangler. Shelby and I rode these two horses that are inseparable. We rode them together at the back of Bob's ride and just made sure they didn't act up. Hopefully we can put some guests on them soon since they were very well-behaved. Oddly enough, I rode behind a guy who actually does the same thing I do for work back home--he's a corporate trainer. So we talked the whole time and it was really nice.

The third ride I went on was the steak ride. There were 9 people and I led the group while Bob took up the back. We had a very good ride and everyone was really good. I got lucky because usually big groups cause a lot of trouble because there are so many people and horses involved that something usually goes wrong. Luckily, we only had a few mishaps and all were easily and quickly solved. Dinner was good and we got back right on time.

All in all, it was a good day. However, I'm gonna be thankful to be back in my quiet office tomorrow. Unfortunately, that quiet office is going to get busier and busier everyday from now on and soon it will no longer be the relaxing escape it is now. Oh well, hopefully I'll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment