Sunday, May 8, 2011

4 days Until Takeoff.

Current list of things to do--I've actually made progress!:
  • Take my car in for VEIP inspection
  • Get an oil change and new tires (definitely AM loaning out car for the summer)
  • Cut my hair so it can grow out well (it's been decided that a ponytail will be necessary)
  • See people before I leave
  • Finish conditioning my cowboy boots (and old riding boots)
  • Get old riding boots repaired (to use as a second pair of boots)
  • Pack
  • Various doctor's appointments 
  • Vacuum-pack the sleeping bag so I can attempt to only take one large suitcase, a carry-on bag and a purse
  • Hand over the car
  • See Thor  (a movie, for those of you wondering)
  • Go to Good Will and attempt to find a flannel shirt (it gets really cold in Colorado at night)
  • Run to CVS to get the mentioned items below
List of things I still need to purchase (or retrieve from elsewhere) since I have no idea how easy it will be to get to a drug store (or any store):
  • shampoo
  • contact solution
  • headbands
  • hair ties
  • barrettes
  • laundry hamper from Granan's
  • toothpaste
  • tooth brush
  • spray-on sunscreen
  • Nalgene from work
  • deodorant
So the days are winding down and I'm getting pretty excited. Things are crazy at work so I'm glad I'm leaving and hopefully things will have settled down by the time I get back. All of MY stuff is finished and I won't be leaving any loose strings for someone else to deal with. I'll probably check my work email daily (it comes to my phone) so I'll still be working in some respects. I might even, if I find I have the time, do a little work from Colorado. We'll see.

In any case, I'm excited and I feel like I'm leaving things at work and home in good order (except my room...). I'll miss riding as much as I get to here but I'm hoping things turn out to be better than expected and I'll get to ride more than once a week.

Wish me luck! My next post will be from "the other side," most likely a report about my day of travel early (EARLY!) Thursday and, perhaps, the grand tour of the ranch and maybe its trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment